Friday, February 19, 2016

Character Interview~ Jax Wendyll


Hello everyone! Today I am very excited to share with you a lovely interview I did with the glorious Jax Wendyll.
Jax Wendyll is a character from the Air Awakens series and his first general appearance is in Earth's End. 
Now before we get started it would probably be best to give you a little backstory about the Air Awaken's series.


  "A Library Apprentice, a Sorcerer Prince, and an Unbreakable Magic Bond…
The Solaris Empire is one conquest away from uniting the continent, and the rare elemental magic sleeping in seventeen-year-old library apprentice Vhalla Yarl could shift the tides of war.
Vhalla has always been taught to fear the Tower of Sorcerers, a mysterious magic society, and has been happy in her quiet world of books. But after she unknowingly saves the life of one of the most powerful sorcerers of them all—the Crown Prince Aldrik—she finds herself enticed into his world. Now she must decide her future: Embrace her sorcery and leave the life she’s known, or eradicate her magic and remain as she’s always been. And with powerful forces lurking in the shadows, Vhalla’s indecision could cost her more than she ever imagined."







  Now To get started with Jax, before we officially start, I do want to state and mention that the Bio and Questions were all answered by Jax himself..Also LL is me (if you didn't know)
So Enjoy

 
~Jax’s Bio~
Full Name: Jax Wendyll
Air Awakens Age: 23
Height: Depends on who’s asking. Tall enough to smite a man. Short enough to reach any interested lips.
Birthday: Late winter
Born in: Just outside of Norin
Eye Color: The most enchanting shade of obsidian you have ever come across. Wouldn’t you agree?
Hair Color: Ink and silk is woven into these tresses. Don’t be shy, you can touch.
Skin Color: Well, I am Western. What color would you describe this shade? Black tea? Earthen clay? Pure perfection?
Build: While I may not look like much while standing next to a sculpture come to life like Baldair, I find I have more than enough strength to take men and women to the heights of pleasure… or pain… or both.
Favorite Food: The satisfying taste of victory
Affinity: Firebearer
Personality: Some call me mad, but you’ll find it’s quite simple… Don’t get in the way of my orders or the Guard. If you don’t, we’re fine. If you do… I’d say go and ask someone else what happens when you do, but there aren’t many people left standing for you to ask.
Childhood: No need to focus on who I was when you have all of who I am.
Quote made by him: I knew you’d ask my brilliance sooner over later, it’s woefully under appreciated by the masses. Most of the guard seems to have taken up my mantra before a fight, “Drink up today, for the outcome of tomorrow’s battle is a mystery and you may already be dead.”

~Interview Questions~

LL: As a fan myself, I can guarantee that everyone wants to know a little bit more about you. So how about we start with you telling us some things about yourself that no one really knows?
Jax: You certainly waste no time in going straight for the kill! And here I thought this may run the risk of being boring but here you are, out for my secrets. Did ‘Cia put you up for this?
Well, unfortunately for you and ‘Cia, I haven’t earned the reputation of being the Golden Prince’s left hand by kissing and telling. Though, I certainly don’t mind the kissing bit...
But, let me reward your boldness out the gate. Everyone attributes everything about the Golden Guard to Baldair, but I was actually the one to come up with the name when he and Erion decided to formalize this little fighting squad.

LL: What were your first thoughts about Vhalla Yarl?
Jax: Oh Vhalla Yarl, she certainly can make an entrance. I’d read the letters and heard the stories but she lived up to them in the most unexpected ways. Woman certainly has fire in her, in more ways than one... If you catch my drift! I rather enjoy the unassuming mess she seems to put on as a front. That one must know exactly what she’s doing to those around her and it’s a true delight to see her whip up the old fogies into frenzies. 

LL: What made you feel as though you had to take on the responsibility of looking after/protecting Vhalla when she first arrived?
Jax: Elecia Ci’Dan, she’d find a way to harp and swing her small noble weight around from across the world if she had to. Between her letter and Reale’s I knew exactly who our little Windwalker was and how she got to Soricium – if the coating of blood on her Eastern cheeks wasn’t enough. Important to the Tower, important to the Emperor’s war… Important to our Crown Prince… not much choice there in looking out for her or not.

LL: What do you like the most about being a part of both the Golden Guard and Black Legion?
Jax: What do I like about it? Hmm… Well, the Tower has far better food than the palace kitchens, looks this good and fire this hot needs some quality sustenance. 
The Golden Guard? Hard to complain with strong drinks, beautiful people, and all the faces I can punch – the majority of the time. Simple life suits my few and simple needs.

LL: Between Baldair and Aldrik, who do you enjoy interacting with the most and why?
Jax: Baldair is a better lord than we deserve. He’s the craziest out of our little family because he actually has this mad notion of caring for us all. The man is called the golden prince and people think it’s for his armor, his hair, his rank. No. No no, and a whole lot more no. I’ll let you in on the truth – aren’t I nice? – it’s because the man has a heart of literal gold. The only one on this forsaken rock under the Mother’s eye that you’ll find.
Aldrik? I’ll keep my mouth shut. The man burns far hotter than I… And I may court death regularly but I’d rather it not be by his hand.

LL: What is one of your biggest fears?
Jax: Look at this face, does this look like the face of a man who has anything to fear? No, no it doesn’t. And I’ll tell you, darling Luv, it’s because you must first have something to lose to have something to fear. 

LL: What is your favourite childhood and teen memory?
Jax: Why spend time reminiscing on the past? You must have heard something from the Western Lords about me already. Every horrible thing they’ll say about me, let me assure you of this… they’re true. Every last one.

LL: While preparing for a war, what is one way you keep yourself from stressing and or worrying yourself to death?
Jax: You must have confused me with someone else! I worry no more for death or injury in battle than I do if it will rain tomorrow. The only thing I worry over is if I’ll think of enough new and creative ways to kill a man so that the thrill of the fight will never waver.

LL: Are you a tea or coffee drinker?
Jax: Coffee? Perhaps you could elaborate… Hmm, it sounds quite similar to the dark teas of the West, which would be my preference. I can barely tolerate it when Victor drowns me in the flowery aromas of the colored water he passes for tea.

LL: What is your favourite thing about channeling your affinity?
Jax: Channeling reminds me of my true nature, of the power I wield.


 And that concludes our interview for today...
LL: Thank you Jax so much for sitting down with me today. It was a pleasure to meet you!
Jax: I couldn’t believe Baldair put me up for this, but now I’ll have the ability to boast to him over being in the presence of one so lovely. So let me say thank you, the pleasure has been all mine.  


~To read and see more of Jax, make sure you check out Earth's End~


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous right now, Luv!! You should have told me so I snuck in to take a selfie with him. I'm rolling right now. Ugh, my Jax soooo lovely! Loool 😍 Thanks for this wonderful interview, Sabrina. Send my regards to our lovely Jax -- everyone's lovely Jax. :D

- Erika The Nocturnal Fey

Melissa @thereaderandthechef said...

Loved it! Our Jax is sure pretty confident, but I wouldn't expect any less. ❤