Thursday, June 30, 2016

Thursday Qoutables [3]


Thursday Quotables is a weekly meme hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies
It's all about sharing a quote, passage, or line from a book that your have read recently or are reading currently. The quote can be anything because it's obviously worthy, if you feel like it's worth mentioning.

This week's quote(s) is coming from: The Head of Medusa by Michelle Madow


The Head of Medusa is the third book within the Elemental series and isn't the last. I fell in love with this Percy Jackson meets witches series during The Prophercy of Shadows (book 1) and I have been loving it ever since. We see adventures, and magic with a twist of swoon worthy characters. There's a lot to love about these books.

Quote 1 can be found on page 22 (note I am quoting my ebook)
"I hate when people let me win.
If I win, I want to know that I earned it."

I like this quote a lot because it shows us the kind of character Nicole is and who she intends to be. I also love this quote because it totally reminds me of myself.


Quote 2 can be found on page 33 (note I am quoting my ebook)
"I am Nyx," she answered with a smile, the stars on her dress twinkling as she spoke. 
"The primordial  deity of night"

I love this quote because right after reading it I became super inspired to draw her. I did end up drawing a very rough sketch and hope to later make it a final copy. The imagery used on the previous page was quite vivd. Another thing is that i love the power and importance behind what she is saying.

Quote 3 can be found on page 100 (again, note I am quoting my ebook)
"You look like Elsa, from Frozen."
"You're wrong, my dear," she said with a knowing smile.
"I've been around for far, far longer. It's Elsa who looks like me. Now please come in..."

I chose this quote purely because I found it to be absolutely hysterical. I definitely found myself laughing out loud whilst reading this particular referencing.

Quote 4 can be found on page 195 (Note I am quoting my ebook)
"If he doesn't notice you tonight he's an idiot," I said.
"And you're way too smart to date an idiot."

I love hearing Nicole's SMART words of advice to her friends. Especially when she talks to Kate. Kate is a smart and beautiful girl and that boy NEEDS to recognize her already.

~About the Book~


Title: Elementals 3: The Head of Medusa
Author: Michelle Madow
Publisher: Dreamscape Publishing
Release Date: June 29, 2016
Series: Elementals #3
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Format: eBook and paperback

The epic story of witches, gods, and monsters that USA Today called a "must read" continues in the third book of the Elementals series!

When Nicole Cassidy moved to a new town, she discovered that she was a witch descended from gods. But that was nothing compared to learning that it was up to her and four others with mysterious elemental powers to help save the world from the Titans, who would soon return to Earth. 

Now her relationship with Blake -- the fire Elemental -- is finally heating up. But she must remain focused, because Typhon, one of the deadliest creatures in history, has escaped from the weakening prison world. Only one object can destroy him -- the head of Medusa herself. 

Follow the Elementals as they journey to the end of the Earth, facing choices that will put their lives and the entire world at risk. Will they all survive the mission? Find out in the riveting third book in the Elementals series.

No comments: