Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Review~ New World Rising


This book was beyond brilliant. Since I gave it five Stars, I'll be sharing five of my favourite quotes from this books. It was hard to choose because there were so many inspiring lines

~MY 5 FAVORABLE QUOTES~


~Review~

I picked this book up and finished it back in April, and my love for this book has grown even more since then. I thought that by taking sometime to write a review I could formulate some sort of response good enough for this well deserving book. I have come up with even more possibilities as to why this book is truly one that deserves to be read. So really the time has just made it even more difficult to review, but I will try to do this book justice. This book is so deserving of a 5 in every aspect.

From the beginning pages of this book we are thrown into a chaotic world. A world full of division on both side of a wall. Tartarus, is the area that is ruled by tribes. Each tribe views the way of life a little differently then the next tribe. I think that was what I liked the most about this book. Seeing and experiencing all the different tribes through the eyes of the main characters. Wilson does an outstanding job on describing each tribe, each one growing even more fearful then the last. What also does the tribes even more justice is the artwork of them at the beginning of the book. The imagery involved vastly allows for readers to get fully submersed in this world and grow to love every aspect.

Another huge selling point about this novel for me was the other side of the wall, The Sanctuary. This Sanctuary is set to be the apparent safe area in this dystopian world. However once witnessing and hearing stories about The Sanctuary, we as readers start to realize that maybe it's not a Utopia everyone hoped it to be. In a desperate struggle to survive the depths of The Sanctuary, the characters must be fast acting, and have an eye for killing. Which is another point I must make about this book.

The characters were absolutely brilliant. Each and every single one added so much more to the story then I had ever thought possible. However what made this book a little more special was the awesome leading female character Phoenix. Phoenix had some flaws, like every great character should, but what made me love her even more was her mind set. Her reasoning behind her actions was brilliant. I especially loved her plan for the way she chose to live at certain safe houses. Another thing I really loved about her was that she was reliant on herself and no one else up until she met Mouse. The adjustments she made for Mouse were so incredible, and I can't wait to see more of her and Mouse in book 2, New World Ashes.

My final remark about the overall story is my love for the ending. Now I wouldn't say that it ended on a cliff hanger, however, it most certainly kind of did. It, however is not the type of cliff hanger that leaves you hating the author for doing this to you, but rather loving her even more because the possibilities are endless. It was the type of cliffhanger that made me heavily contemplate what could happen next and what could go wrong or right.

All in all, if you are a lover of dystopian novels, this book should be right up your alley. The setting and display of the world was neatly placed, and well planned to the point of this place physically being real inside my mind. The characters and the bonds each formed were unbreakable, until they became broken.  Everything about New World Rising is something that can be loved. I highly recommend this book, and I can't wait to see where New World Ashes takes us.


~About the Book~


Title: New World Rising (New World #1)
Author: Jennifer Wilson
Publisher: Oftomes Publishing
Date of Publication: January 5th, 2015
Description:
Refusing to join and determined to live, Phoenix fights to survive in this savage world. But who can she trust, when no one can be trusted? Not even herself.

Since witnessing her parents' murders at the age of eleven, Phoenix's only purpose in life has been to uphold her mother's dying words- to be strong and survive. But surviving outside of The Walls- outside of The Sanctuary- is more like a drawn-out death sentence. A cruel and ruthless city, Tartarus is run by the Tribes whose motto is simple, "Join or die."

No comments: