Thursday, December 29, 2016

Top 16 of 2016~ Day 4


I am changing it up a bit. I know that this was actually suppose to happen yesterday and that today would have been "New-to-me Authors" but I just couldn't miss out on the opportunity to share with you all my top 16 quotes of 2016.

Now this year has been a mix bag for a lot of different reasons... I definitely in no way reached the reading goal I originally wanted, or the blogging goals I had set for myself, but whatever. I can however say that the books I did read were epic, and I took away a lot of amazing quotes. So yes there maybe some quotes from the same books a couple times... but what can I say, I'm a sucker for highlighting a whole book sometimes.

Top 16 quotes of 2016...

“No one is truly honest, " Nigel answered. "Even if we don't lie to others, we often lie to ourselves. And the word good means different things to different people.” 
― Stephanie GarberCaraval

“Roses have both petals and thorns, my dark flower. You needn’t believe something weak because it appears delicate. Show the world your bravery.” 

“Fear is a hungry beast. The more you feed it, the more it grows.” 
― Kerri Maniscalco, Stalking Jack the Ripper

“Those who deserve respect are given it freely. If one must demand such a thing, he’ll never truly command it. I am your daughter, not your horse, sir.”
― Kerri ManiscalcoStalking Jack the Ripper

“Keep your heart close, dear Nathaniel, for nothing will bring you comfort should you leave it with another” 
― Freedom Matthews, Inherited

“All the dreams I'd allowed myself to imagine were nothing but pages swept away by the wind.” 
― Freedom MatthewsInherited

“She was tired of being a symbol. Symbols were stagnant, frozen, representative, and spurring of action but never the action itself.” 
― Elise KovaCrystal Crowned

“Every chance worth taking will make you a little scared. That means you're taking a risk. And where there is risk, there is reward.” 
― Elise KovaCrystal Crowned

“It's odd, I think, how the thing you love most in a person can also be the thing you sometimes wish you could change” 
― Julie EshbaughIvory and Bone

“Some people can see things with their hearts. Others need to see them with their eyes.” 
― Julie EshbaughIvory and Bone

“There is strong danger in a person who can create such powerful deceit they can no longer distinguish their own lies from the truth.” 
― Julie EshbaughIvory and Bone

“That’s the funny thing about guns; even untrained hands can feel powerful using them. But take that gun away and you’re left with nothing but a coward whose only skill is how to blindly pull a trigger.” 
― Jennifer WilsonNew World: Rising

“There is no good or evil here, it all depends on what side you're standing. Nor is it about wrong or right, it's about surviving." 
― Jennifer WilsonNew World: Rising

“Life is full of regrets. They’ll cripple you if you let them.” 

“To the people who look at the stars and wish, Rhys."
Rhys clinked his glass against mine. “To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered.” 
― Sarah J. MaasA Court of Mist and Fury

“When you spend so long trapped in darkness, Lucien, you find that the darkness begins to stare back.” 
― Sarah J. MaasA Court of Mist and Fury



What was your favourite quote of this year? Do we share any of the same?

1 comment:

La La in the Library said...

Great quotes! Thanks for sharing them. :)