Monday, August 8, 2016

BBCP16: Aesthetic Addict

Hello and welcome! It's a new month, and with it comes a new Aesthethic Addict post part of BBCP16 hosted by  Nori over at ReadWriteLove28.
Last month was the kick off post, so if you wish to see the first Aesthetic I did and want to find out a little bit more information check it out HERE

I am apart of Team Teal which consists of:

This month genre is  Fantasy.

This month's Fantasy aesthetic + a review (Some of the other bloggers did a review last month, and since I have yet to review this book I thought now would be the prefect time) is for:

A Court of Mist and Fury By Sarah J. Maas


~Here's a little bit about the book before~




Title: A Court of Mist and Fury {ACOTAR #2}
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publication date: May 3rd, 2016
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Description: Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.



~Aesthetic~
{I don't own or take credit for any of this pictures}





I thought I knew what loving this series meant when I had read A Court of Thorns and Roses, but boy was I wrong. You cannot realize how much you love this series until you read A Court of Mist and Fury. I would rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars and I highly recommend this book to those whole loved Rhys. Also to those who enjoyed book one.

Everything about this book was ten times better then the book, now I know that is probably very hard to believe, however it's completely true. Within the story itself I felt more enthralled by the landscapes and scenery then I had before. I felt like I was living and breathing the things that were taking place in this book. I also must say that I felt a deeper connection with most characters then I had in the first book.

Something to point out about the storyline for this book was that it was more deep and I feel a bit more adventurous then the first book. It had meaning, character, and touched upon things that were new to us as readers. Even though this is the second book in the series,  I will say that there is still a lot of information to take in as a reader, and --just like the first book-- A Court of Mist and Fury informed us as readers without becoming overwhelmed and flustered. This isn't a book that can be read without thought, I believe it's the type of book that constantly requires readers brains full attention.  For the storyline itself it progressed at a nice pace. I felt nothing to be rushed or overlooked throughout the entire book. It also had no dull uneventful moments. Each scene that played out had meaning and intention. Also it was clear that Maas had put emotion and thought to every single scene she was writing as well. The care and intention behind the scenes was there. Overall I ended up loving the general scenes and storyline better then the first.

I also really enjoyed the settings in this story a lot more. We got to see a whole new side of the night court to the point that it no longer sounds scary but enticing and dark in a good way. I enjoyed getting to see the darker elements of the book. Yes in book one we experienced Under the Mountain and Armantha, but the Night court was always touched upon as being dark, morbid, and terrifying. So it was nice to see some things proven wrong. Another thing I really enjoyed were the descriptions of the architecture. I am a sucker for a book with good architecture and buildings, and this book definitely had it all.

Another thing to love about this book is the newly introduced characters we as readers get to meet and experience. I liked all the new characters we got introduced too, they were definitely pretty kick ass secondary characters, that I honestly wish we could read more about. Each were unique, especially in the ways of how they knew Rhys and the traits they brought out in him. I will have to say though, the one thing that struck me as being odd was the complete role reversal between Tamlin and Rhysand. It was like a complete switch. I had fallen in love with Tam as a character and his court in book one, but this in this book he was portrayed to be the villain. Yes there were counterparts to this that explained the side we never saw of Tam, but I found it odd. We also got to experience more of a different side of Rhys. A side that would make readers now fall madly in love with him. We as readers did get explanations as to why he did certain things. So generally the switches were explained  and reasoned through, it was just done a way I definitely wasn't expecting.

All in all, this book was brilliant, and captivating in an entirely new way. I proclaimed to have love book one, but I truly believe that I did not know what loving this series was like until I read A Court of Mist and Fury. Every element contributed to a bigger plot line, and every fine detail was appreciated by me as a reader. I highly suggest checking this book out.

Have you read this book? Do the pictures match and do it justice? 

No comments: